Typically used for relaxation. Swedish massage is the most commonly requested type of massage at spas today. The purpose of Swedish massage is to relax the entire body, but it also has a number of other health benefits. Swedish massage improves blood circulation, increases the level of oxygen in the blood, helps the body removes toxins, improves flexibility, eases tension and helps with pain management.
This technique targets the muscles deep in the body and is a more therapeutic method of massage than the traditional Swedish.
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also called connective tissue. Deep tissue massage uses many of the same movements and techniques as Swedish massage, but the pressure will generally be more intense. It is also a more focused type of massage, as the therapist works to release chronic muscle tension or knots (also known as "adhesions.")
This massage allows the expectant mother to be able to be face down during the massage, pressure may vary from light to firm based on preference. Pregnancy massage, also known as pre-natal massage, promotes relaxation, soothes nerves, and relieves strained back and leg muscles in expectant mothers. Pregnancy massage is especially beneficial in the second and third trimesters, when the extra weight in your belly puts a strain on your back.
Hot Stones- Hot stone massage is a specialty massage where the therapist uses smooth, heated stones as an extension of their own hands, or by placing them on the body. The heat can be both deeply relaxing and help warm up tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply, more quickly. If you want this add on, request 2 hours ahead of time to make sure they are hot and ready.
Aroma Therapy- Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of plant-derived, aromatic essential oils to promote physical and psychological well-being. It is sometimes used in combination with massage and other therapeutic techniques as part of a holistic treatment approach.
- Lavender- Headaches, depression, insomnia, stress, sprains, and nausea
- Peppermint- Indigestion, nausea, headache, motion sickness, and muscle pain
- Eucalyptus- Arthritis, coughing, poor circulation.
- Lemon- Corns, dull skin, oily skin, varicose veins, warts.
Bio Freeze- Bio freeze is a topically applied analgesic that works by using menthol to provide relief through cooling tissue. It works by inhibiting pain through very similar mechanisms to that of ice. There is cooling of the superficial tissues as well as gaiting the nerve pathways responsible for the sensation of pain. It has been studied in comparison to ice producing greater effects at reducing pain and tissue cooling at periods of 9 minutes following application without creating the burning and painful sensations that are associated with ice.
Cold Therapy- Cold therapy or cryotherapy as it is known is applying ice or cold to an injury for a therapeutic effect. Cold therapy is often the immediate first aid applied as soon as possible for many sports injuries helping to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation. It is also beneficial alternating with heat after the acute stage has passed.
Base Oils- These highly processed oils are very light in weight and offer excellent glide and texture. This oil washes out of most linens easily without the aid of additives. It is also an excellent carrier for essential, fragrance or aromatherapy oils, and for use as a bath oil.
- Jojoba Oil-Jojoba is applied directly to the skin for acne, psoriasis, sunburn and chapped skin. It is also used topically to encourage the regrowth of hair in people who are balding.
- Apricot Kernel Oil- Apricot kernel oil is great for use as a massage oil as it is very light and makes the skin soft. Apricot kernels themselves are quite healthy and are being researched for a number of health conditions including cancer.
- Almond Oil- Owing to the generous amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, potassium, proteins, zinc, and a number of other vitamins and minerals that the seed and the oil contain, almond oil works wonders for the skin, hair, and health
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil works wonders for dry and damaged skin, cuts, bruises, and speeds the healing while it fights infection. Coconut oil forms a protective barrier to hold in moisture while penetrating into the deeper layers of the skin to helping to keep connective tissues strong and supple. Coconut oil is readily absorbed into the skin, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Face and Scalp- These treats for the scalp or face are sure to make your experience relaxing.
- Peppermint Scalp Massage- Peppermint essential oil massaged into the scalp leaves a refreshing cooling feeling.
- Raw Honey Mask- Honey has antimicrobial properties, antioxidants and at the same time, is beneficially sticky. This stickiness pulls away the dust, dead skin, and microbes from the pores while the antimicrobial properties keep the skin from becoming infected again. The antioxidants in honey help make the skin look younger and finally, the wax makes the skin smooth, shiny, and moist.
- Cold Marble Stone Face Massage- Sinus problems may be soothed with cold stone massage. Relaxation is also achieved with the cooling of the face massage.
- Coconut Oil Face Massage- Coconut oil is readily absorbed into the skin, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Hands and Feet- We use are hands and walk on our feet every day. They deserve some special attention!!
- Tea-Tree Oil Foot Spray and Lotion- Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Oil Foot Spray is a natural herbal treatment specially formulated with naturally antiseptic, deodorizing and healing Tea Tree Oil. This refreshing, botanical formula contains peppermint oil and wild mint to cool skin and enhance circulation, while aloe vera and chamomile soften rough skin. Revive your feet with this quick, convenient pick-me-up. Liquid has a fresh, crisp scent and evaporates immediately
- Peppermint Oil Foot Spray and Lotion- Fights foot odor and freshens feet. Deodorant spray directly for feet. Ideal for any athlete, runners, including barefoot and minimalist, cyclists, hikers and skiers. Made of essential oils of mint, eucalyptus, tea tree and thyme
- Foot Salt Scrub- Exfoliation and moisturizing is an important step for healthy feet. Scrubs are great such as sugar or salt scrubs are all natural and good for your feet.
Complimentary hot towel, ice pack and/or massage tool with every massage you get!